LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | | Subject:R E N O ! ! ! Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
lmurrayReply: posted - 10 March 2018 6:42
Sky Sight is a new soaring forecasting tool that is used with SeeYou. It is a better predictor for convergence and wave. You can get a free evaluation period by going to https://skysight.io/ It does route forecasting skew T plots, table forecasts and wind visualization.
jsilvasiReply: posted - 8 March 2018 16:33
The most amazing thing I saw there was "The Grasshopper". A pylon mounted electric self launch retrofit designed for the ASW-20 and other gliders from the same era. Manually extended and retracted, it affords a simpler installation, lower cost and better reliability than other electric solutions such as the FES. Cost is expected to be about $18K USD plus installation. I'll try to post some pics.

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Nigel CrippsReply: posted - 4 March 2018 6:00
Joe, anything new and interesting to report?
jsilvasiStart of thread: posted - 1 March 2018 8:21
Well, we arrived last night about 8 pm local time to 38 degrees and cloudy skies, but to a city with a warm heart. Booked into the Atlantis and down to the Napa Bistro for some Vino. Had a woderful chat with Mike Parker from TuSC and then retired for the evening. This morning we awoke to temps in the low 30s and snow showers. Over to the convention center for registration and awaiting the opening of the exhibition floor doors. Yumm - I can smell fresh new GLIDERS just out of the oven !!!

Regards,
Joe Silvasi
QRP

Log on to post a reply !