LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | | Subject:Show and Tell Opportinity Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
lmurrayReply: posted - 15 April 2018 20:26
The pot is sweetened again with the offer of $100 cash plus the credit at Estrella sailport. Shad, the office manager at Estrella help you book the deal.

Lee

lmurrayReply: posted - 12 April 2018 6:51
The deal becomes sweeter. Arizona Soaring Inc. will provide a $100 credit for a private pilot to bring his glider to the school and assemble it for the students to see. Compensation for gas expense is also offered. Let me know if you are interested.
Lee
lmurrayStart of thread: posted - 10 April 2018 10:11
Shad Coulson, administrator at Arizona Soaring Inc. has an opportunity for us to show a private glider to fourth graders at El Dorado Private School in North Scottsdale on Friday morning April 20th. He will be there to help if we get a volunteer to assemble and show his glider. The address is: 20624 N 76th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85255

You may live near here and can easily help. If so, please respond. Here is a quote from Shad's letter:
The week of 16 April will have the students learning some basic aerodynamics, aircraft types and controls, ATC and airspace, etc. On Friday of that week (20 April) they're hopeful we could bring a glider to the school, assemble it, show the kids the surfaces, controls, tow hook, etc. We would be able to start assembling the glider at 8:00 or 8:30 for a 9:15 show-and-tell with the 4th Grade. Then, at 11:30, the school will generally be recessed for other kids to see the glider. They'll have adults to supervise and an Scottsdale PD officer on site. The point of contact is a pilot, current glider student here at ASI, and is willing to help with assembly, disassembly, glider protection, and defray the costs for transport, etc. I'm also willing to come assist with assembly, disassembly, and glider protection. They suspect the glider will be back on the road by 1300.

I'm going to see what ASI can do to support this request, but I believe a private glider is the most logical option. This is a fantastic opportunity to inspire young people to get involved in aviation!

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Respectfully,

Shad

Log on to post a reply !