LOGIN to post messages, upload log files
and access membership list
Discussion Forum
All posts subject to Decency Guidelines !

Forums | | Subject:ASA contest and Party schedule and Annual Party Log on to post a reply !
Author Thread
Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 15 February 2019 14:01
Yes Lee as per the first post write up Harry is planning on doing annuals on Friday morning :)
lmurrayReply: posted - 15 February 2019 8:19
Cliff, Estrella Sailport has their 50th Anniversary that weekend. Perhaps Some of us can come up on Friday for an inspection.

Lee

lmurrayReply: posted - 11 February 2019 7:20
I spoke to James (Jim) Gardner just now about doing transponder checks. He can do it latter this week but you should contact him. He lives in Sun Lakes and I towed my glider there to have it checked. I towed it to a large parking lot near his house. His shop in is Payson, so there are options for getting it done. The cost is more if he has to fly in or drive in.

His phone number is 928-978-0745 The business name s AV8TOR AVIONICS.

Cliff HiltyReply: posted - 9 February 2019 7:26
Well that makes two of us Nigel. Lee Murray is going to check with a local guy in Maricopa, I think. to see how much and how many he would need to do. Otherwise if it is just a few we may just take them to him. I think Lee said he charged 60-80 to do it in his driveway. Alternatively I will have mine dine at Aircraftsman in Prescott for a 100.
Nigel CrippsReply: posted - 8 February 2019 18:06
Cliff, will there be anyone on hand for transponder checks? I need one, but not an annual.
Steve KoernerReply: posted - 2 February 2019 9:17
Thanks Cliff- perfect!
ASW-27 N59GW (std category) [will be for sale soon]
Lambada N533RS (lt sport glider) [might be for sale also]
I'll have a bit of logistics puzzle to get two airplanes out to Sampley.
Cliff HiltyStart of thread: posted - 31 January 2019 15:22
Howdy folks I have put together the early schedule for the ASA contests and Annual Party. Please respond to the ASA discussion forum if you need a Annual inspection on Friday or Saturday morning so Harry can accomodate. Hope to see you all at Sampley in late march!:

ASA 2019 Contest Schedule:
March 29, 30, 31 Aguila, Sampley Airport Harry Smith will be conducting Annuals in the morning on Friday and Saturday please respond with your Make Model and N# so he can run the checks before arrival also what day you would prefer. He will be towing in the afternoons. As usual ASA will be sponsering a BBQ, meat to be determined. Please BYOB and a side dish/appetizer on Saturday evening at CH's Hanger.

April 13, 14 Estrella Sailport
Saturday evening ASA sponsored BBQ please BYOB and a side dish/appetizer. (looking for a volunteer to organize the BBQ)

May 25,26,27 El Tiro gliderport in conjunction with Tucson Soaring Club OLC week. Guest membership required. Tows will be available from the 24th of May thru the 2nd of June for those that wish to make a week of it. The soaring is very good this time of the year and many 700+ flights have been flown. ASA will be sponsering a BBQ, meat to be determined. Please BYOB and a side dish/appetizer on Saturday evening on the deck.

I have set this tenative early schedule and am open to suggestion for the later ones in August September and October. I was thinking of one more at each location perhaps starting on labor day weekend but earlier if there is interest. Please respond to the web page for comments in the discussion forum. Thanks and hope to see you all at the gliderport!

CH

Log on to post a reply !